Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Long Good Bye

Saying good bye is hard.  I feel like I have been saying it for a month now.  Jack had his two best friends spend the night and they just left.  Of course, he doesn't get upset at things like saying good bye, but I do.  It's hard for me to see these kids walk out the front door and know that we won't be seeing them again for awhile.  I got tears in my eyes.  Kim said good bye to her best friends this morning.  Evie and Kelly are laughing and giggling upstairs right now.  I will miss that sound.  The sound of their laughter joined together in an amazing chorus.  These children are an important part of our family.  They love my children and I in return love them.  I will miss them.

As for my friends, I can't even think about saying good bye.  I have a lump in my throat right now.  I can't imagine not going shopping with Allison, sitting on Suzannes's front porch, holding Olivia, getting hugs from Mia, drinking out on the patio, hanging at the bus stop, girls' nights, bitch fests, crying on their shoulders, laughing at their jokes, and just being in their presence.  I have the best group of friends a girl could ever want.  I love you guys and will miss you more than I can say. 

Pam, you are my friend, but even more you are my sister.  I'm so lucky to have you in my life and I will be back!

And so, my long good bye continues.  Each day I do something for the last time, for awhile anyway.  I will look ahead at the adventure that awaits and anxiously wait til I get to say hello instead of good bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment