Monday, March 28, 2011

Reflections

Happy Sunday!  Unfortunately we didn't go anywhere this week.  We stayed close to home and gave the bank account a rest.  Being home all week has given me some time to reflect on current events. 

First I would like to say that my heart goes out to all the victims of the earthquake & tsunami in Japan.  The tragedy is beyond comprehension and the threat of nuclear exposure hangs over their heads.  I pray for them and hope that they will soon be safe and able to rebuild their lives.

To the people of Libya, may your country find peace and freedom.  I hope that the sacrifice is worth the end result and that the death of so many is not in vain.

To the young men in Apex stealing freon from air conditioning units so that they can get high...shame on you! 

 To Wake County's decision to not give Jack a placement at Centennial...you suck!  You spout your "ohh we need diversity speech" and yet the children who really need alternative placement because of learning difficulties are denied spaces in the schools best suited for them.  I'm willing to do what I can to help my son succeed, why aren't you? 

I also reflect on myself and some of the decisions I have made lately.  For instance, having Kimberly get her eyebrows done.  Now, if I had really done my research, I would have learned that the string method really isn't less painful than waxing.  As a matter of fact, it is extremely more painful.  I know this because my poor daughter endured it because of me and my grand idea.  I spent all weekend making it up to her.  The fact that her eyebrows look fabulous is really overshadowed by the trauma experienced while having them done.  Lesson learned.

Now, I am done reflecting.  It is time to move forward and seize the day!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment