Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Can We Go Back To England?

Yes, I said it.  I'm actually still saying it. 

Our life was simpler over there.  No pressure, no commitments, and no time frame.  We were on a five month vacation.  I could focus on myself. I was running 3 miles 4 times a week, eating better (I cooked more), and didn't worry about the house cleaning and day to day stuff of life.  Even Kim will comment on missing England.  When we talk about going back, Jack says, "I'll go, but not for 5 months, right?"  Evie misses it too, she liked the time we spent together as a family, don't do nearly as much of that now, too many other things to do. 

Why is that exactly?  Why can't our day to day life be more relaxed, more at ease?  I would really like to know the answer to that question.  Do we need to say no to more things so that we can focus on the things that matter?  Do we not get too involved in other things and relationships so that we can spend more time with our loved ones?  How do we have a bit of England here at home?

I do want to go back.  I want to visit our friends.  I don't need to see the sights...been there, done that.  I just want to have a bit of that calm, easy going feeling I had while there. 

My blog is now done.  I think I have been putting off finishing it because I wanted to hang on to England a little bit longer.  Our final tie is cut, it is all a memory.  It is a happy, wonderful, meaningful memory I will cherish forever!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment